My first predictions for the year.
Even though we are still a month away from baseball season the predictions can start coming now. Starting today until the beginning of the season I will make 10 predictions that I think will happen in the 2012 Major League Baseball season. At the end of the year we will come back, look at the predictions and see how well I do. I will start with my predictions for the American League West. Without further ado here are my first 10 predictions for 2012.
1. Ichiro will revert back to his old self, bat over 300 and provide some power in the three hole for the Mariners offense.
2. The Mariners will not score the least amount of runs in baseball this year.
3. Albert Pujols will struggle in April and May, but still hit over 35 home runs and have over 100 rbi's.
4. The Angels will have the best starting pitching ERA in Major League Baseball.
5. The Texas Rangers will score the most runs in baseball this year, and will lead the league in home runs as well.
6. Neftali Feliz will not win more than 10 games as a starter, and will get injured at some point this year.
7. Cuban defector and Oakland Athletic outfielder Yoenis Cespedes will strike out at least 150 times.
8. Manny Ramirez hits under 250, has less than 15 home runs and calls it quits for good this year.
9. The Cy Young will come out of the A.L West, with the favorites being Felix Hernandez, Jerad Weaver, Dan Haren, C.J Wilson, and Yu Darvish.
10. The Angels will win the division, and the Texas Rangers will win the wildcard.
Predicted Order of Finish.