Tuesday, March 6, 2012
National League Central Predictions
10 Predictions for the National League Central
Once again, I will make 10 predictions that I think will happen in the 2012 Major League Baseball season. At the end of the year we will come back, look at the predictions and see how well I do. Here are my predictions for the National League Central.
1. St. Louis' Adam Wainwright will come back this year and win 15 games, have an ERA under 3.5 and be named NL comeback player of the year.
2 Carlos Beltran for the Cardinals will be the best free agent signing in the division. Carlos will hit .280 with 25 home runs and 90 RBI's. Most importantly he will be healthy all season long.
3. The Brewers will be close in the division because of their pitching. At least 2 of Yovani Gallardo, Zack Greinke, and Shaun Marcum will be all-stars this year.
4. The Brewers will lead the league in errors this year. They will have the worst defense in all of baseball.
5. In June the most talked about person to be traded will be Joey Votto. In August Joey Votto will still be wearing a Reds uniform.
6. Aroldis Chapman will not start a game this year, and will have almost as many walks/hit-batsmen as strikeouts.
7. This will be the 21st and last year the Pittsburgh Pirates finish under .500. (I know a 2 year prediction, but hey this is my blog)
8. The Chicago Cubs will win the contest of "Most players on a team that you have never heard of".
9. The Houston Astros will have the worst record in baseball again this season, and they don't even have any good trade chips like last year so will not be getting better anytime soon.
10. St. Louis will win the division, the Brewers and Reds will be close, the Pirates will have some glimpses of hope for the 21st straight year, and the Cubs and Astros will be in a heated battle for last place.
Predicted Order of Finish.