Wednesday, March 7, 2012
National League West Predictions
10 Predictions for the National League West
Once again, I will make 10 predictions that I think will happen in the 2012 Major League Baseball season. At the end of the year we will come back, look at the predictions and see how well I do. Here are my predictions for the National League East.
1. Justin Upton will win the national League MVP this year. I'm going to say .310 with 25 Home runs, 100 Runs Batted In, 100 runs scored, and 40 stolen bases.
2. 2011 #3 overall pick Trevor Bauer will make his major league debut this year and spend less than one year in the minors.
3. Pablo Sandoval will be an all-star this year.
4. Buster Posey will hit .300 this year, whenever he comes back. He will also get at least 10 starts at first base so that his legs will get a rest.
5. The starting pitcher the Rockies get in the Ubaldo Jiminez trade, Drew Pomeranz, will have a better year than Jiminez this year. The Rockies got the way better end of that trade.
6. Todd Helton will hit over .300 again this year. Gotta love Coors Field.
7. The Dodgers are going to bought this year and they will make a huge splash in free agency next year. The guess here is Cole Hamels.
8. Matt Kemp will not get 50-50 like he predicted. He will get 35-35 though. That is homers and stolen bases for someone who doesn't know.
9. The San Diego Padres score the fewest runs in the National League this year. But the rebuilding process will continue with one of the best farm systems in baseball.
10. The Arizona Diamondbacks will win the division again, and the Giants will win one of the wild card spots. The Rockies and Dodgers will be average and once again the Padres will struggle but they will show signs of life.
Predicted Order of Finish.