Thursday, May 24, 2012

5-24 Predictions Part 2

Well we are 0-1 today.  With Verlander losing to the Indians I am hoping to get it turned around here.  Prediction time!


Away
Home
Time (ET)
Away Probable
Home Probable


Braves (Delgado) vs Reds (Bailey)

The Reds have won 5 straight games and are looking for the sweep against the Atlanta Braves today by sending Homer Bailey to the mound today.  I think Homer lives up to his name today as he gives up a few long balls to the Braves, who stop the Reds winning streak and salvage one game in this series.  

Pick: Braves

Padres (Stults) vs Mets (Hefner)

David Wright is still tearing the cover off the ball for the Mets, who have to the biggest surprise in baseball right now.  Wright and the Mets start an 11 game homestand today against Eric Stults and the San Diego Padres.  I like the Mets to win the opener in the series today and help Jeremy Hefner win his first start in his major league career.  In fact I am going to make this my lock of the day.

Pick: Mets. This is my lock of the day.

Giants (Vogelsong) vs Marlins (Sanchez)

Anibal Sanchez and Ryan Vogelsong both have 2-2 records and an ERA around the 2.3 range.  Neither one of these teams has given their respective starting pitchers any run support whatsoever so I look for this to be a low scoring affair.  I think that the Marlins will score 1 more run than the Giants and Sanchez will get the win.  I don't expect the winning team to get more than 3 runs today.

Pick: Marlins

Twins (De Vries) vs White Sox (Humber)

Hmmm... I don't like picking Phillip Humber and I don't like picking the Twins offense.  On one hand with the exception of his perfect Game Humber hasn't been very good this year.  On the other hand the Twins offense has been bad all year long.  So which way should I go with this one?  I have no idea but so I am going to say the Twins win this one, without a reason why.

Pick: Twins 

Phillies (Blanton) vs Cardinals (Westbrook)

A rematch of the first round of the National League Playoffs last year has Jake Westbrook and the Cardinals matching up against Joe Blanton and the Phillies.  The Phillies are scuffling this year while the Cardinals are humming right along.  I think that will continue today as the Cardinals will get the win as the Phillies offense continues to struggle.

Pick: Cardinals

Angles (Haren) vs Mariners (Vargas)

This game has a lot variables.  On one hand you have Dan Haren, who is struggling this year but dominates the Mariners like no other team in baseball.  Then you have the fact that the Mariners are playing well, having won 5 out of 6 games, including winning 2 out of 3 against the division leading Texas Rangers.  In the first game of 19 between these 2 teams I think that the Angels are going to come out on top with Haren getting his second win of the year,

Pick: Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment