Thursday, May 3, 2012

5-3 Predictions

Had my first losing day in over a week but I am not deterred.  That is the great thing about baseball, we always have tomorrow.


Away
Home
Time (ET)
Away Probable
Home Probable


Phillies (Blanton) vs Braves (Delgado)

At least it looks like the Phillies bats are finally starting to wake up a little bit.  After me saying how bad they were for the last month they broke out for 13 runs yesterday.  They still lost but at least it is a step in the right direction.  Now they face young Randall Delgado, who has good stuff but doesn't quite have the control yet.  I think he calms down today and the Phillies offense goes quite again.  Braves win.

Pick: Braves

Cubs (Dempster) vs Reds (Bailey)

Ryan Dempster returns form the disabled list and gets to face Homer Bailey.  I have been thinking about this for awhile, but if your name is Homer should you really be a pitcher?  Seems like it would work against itself.  But I digress.  I like the Cubs in this one to win and win the rain shortened series against the Reds.

Pick: Cubs

Mariners (Millwood) vs Rays (Niemann)

I am picking the Mariners for one reason.  I don't think that they will get swept by Tampa Bay.  Call it blind homerism but I have faith that they will pull it together.  The Mariners will win today and stop their 5 game losing streak today.

Pick: Mariners

Pirates (Bedard) vs Cardinals (Westbrook)

Since Erik Bedard is pitching the Pirates will not score very many runs today.  With the way St Louis is hitting the ball they will score a lot of runs today.  By that logic alone I am picking the Cardinals to win, and they will be my lock of the day.

Pick: Cardinals.  This is my lock of the day.

Marlins (Sanchez) vs Giants (Vogelsong)

The last 2 days the Marlins have gotten outstanding pitching (with the exception of Heath Bell) and now are looking to sweep the Giants.  Anibal Sanchez has pitched the Giants tough in his career and he has looked good so far this year.  I predict that he will continue to pitch well and the Marlins will get the sweep.  

Pick: Marlins

Diamondbacks (Kennedy) vs Nationals (Detwiler)

This could be another game where runs are at a premium.  Ross Detwiler and Ian Kennedy have been pitching well for their respective clubs so far in 2012.  I am going to go with the National in this one, and I think that Bryce Harper will somehow be involved in helping the Nationals get the win.  The could looks like the real deal.

Pick: Nationals

Indians (Masterson) vs White Sox (Danks)

The Cleveland Indians are in first place in the American League Central because they have been playing well on the road.  They are 8-3 away from Cleveland, and have not lost a series on the road yet this year.  Combining that with the success that they have had against John Danks in the past and I like the Indians to get the win here.

Pick: Indians

Yankees (Phelps) vs Royals (Duffy)

I am not going to lie I am disappointed that the Yankees decided to demote Freddie Garcia to the bullpen.  That was always the easiest pick of the day.  Now that David Phelps is starting it is a little different.  I do think that Kansas City will eventually win a game at home.  It just won't be today.  Yankees win.

Pick: Yankees

Blue Jays (Morrow) vs Angles (Haren)

Dan Haren has a tough act to follow.  After Jered Weaver threw his no-hitter yesterday, Haren gets to pitch against a much tougher lineup.  He is facing off against Brandon Morrow and the Blue Jays in the opener of a 4-game series.  I like Haren and the Angles to win, although he won't throw a no-hitter.

Pick: Angels


No comments:

Post a Comment